Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Tesoro Corporation ( TSO) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Tesoro Corporation fell $1.34 (-3.1%) to $41.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.8 million shares of Tesoro Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of four million shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.62-$43.60 after having opened the day at $42.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.24. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Renewable Energy Group ( REGI), down 21.6%, Energy Services of America Corporation ( ESA), down 9.2%, Lucas Energy ( LEI), down 8.9%, and ZaZa Energy ( ZAZA), down 7.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Tesoro Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.