Additional Panels and Breakout Sessions
- Mobile Commerce – Mung Ki Woo, group executive mobile, MasterCard; Drew Weinstein, CEO, Sequent; and Richard Kang, CEO, wipit, will discuss the next steps for mobile commerce adoption and opportunities for developers. Plus, learn from Sprint and industry experts about monetizing your application via carrier billing and discoverability opportunities.
- Mobile Security – Carrie MacGillivray, program director-Mobility and Telecom for IDC, will moderate a panel with Vijay Dheap, IBM; Kevin Mahaffe, chief technology officer, Lookout; Ray Vinson, senior director, Samsung; and Toby Rush, CEO, EyeVerify, discussing the changing roles of mobile devices, application security and dealing with the risks of malware/viruses as a part of a socially responsible business model. Separate breakout sessions will focus on integrating security measures in application development to protect consumers and developing for the latest corporate applications in an evolving enterprise environment.
- Cloud Services – Tiffani Bova, research vice president with Gartner, will lead a panel discussion with Mike Peek, global director, Cisco; Sunil Bhargava, CSC; David Trigg, global senior director EMC; and Anakool Lakhina, CEO, Gauvus, on the role cloud services plays in alleviating the challenges IT faces to address the move to Mobile/BYOD and social. In the breakout sessions, developers can learn about the potential for new development and expansion of existing applications to business customers as this market is quickly adopting cloud technology, including SaaS.
- M2M (machine-to-machine) – Sprint and companies within its M2M ecosystem will conduct sessions about connected vehicles, fleet/telematics, usage-based insurance and retail, and will discuss how the Sprint Collaboration Center can help companies facilitate the process of taking their solution from concept to market.
- Venture Capitalists and Startups – Aaron Levie, CEO, Box; Jeff Glueck, CEO, Skyfire; Daniel Deeney, partner, New Venture Partners; and David Weiden, partner, Khosla Ventures, will discuss technology trends and business models shaping the future of mobility. Hear perspectives from these successful startup CEOs and venture capitalists on where VCs are investing, how to get your idea funded, commercializing your product, and leveraging partnerships to achieve success.
|2012 Sprint Open Solutions Conference Sponsors|