When Sprint (NYSE:S) hosts its 12 th annual Open Solutions Conference, Oct. 24-25 at the San Jose, Calif., Convention Center, participants won’t just be hearing from the telecom ecosystem experts. They will hear from big brands, advertising agencies, venture capitalists and more. “Mobile is reshaping the way we live, work and play,” said Kevin McGinnis, vice president of Product Platforms and Services, Sprint. “We have been talking with advertising, banking and security experts for years. It’s time to give them a seat at the table during conferences like the Open Solutions Conference because they are essential to driving innovation.” Fared Adib, senior vice president of Product Development and Operations, Sprint, will open the two-day conference with a keynote address and fireside chat with Dave Morin, CEO, Path. The conference will conclude with a keynote address from Sprint CEO Dan Hesse on Oct. 25. Throughout the event, developers along with industry and executive attendees will get an up-close view into the latest tools and capabilities from Sprint and its solution enablers. The registration cost is $350. Developers can register and find additional information about the Open Solutions Conference at http://developer.sprint.com/OSC2012. Mobile Advertising Focus Sprint recently announced Pinsight Media+TM, a service that gives advertisers the power to reach consumers on their mobile device in a more personalized way. Michael Bayle, senior vice president, ESPN Mobile; Dave Marsey, senior vice president, Digitas; and Trevor Healy, CEO, Amobee, will be participating in a panel discussing the possibilities of a full-service advertising model with mobile at the core and being able to deliver and track relevant messages in-the-moment. Following the panel, there will be a breakout session dedicated to Pinsight Media+ highlighting how developers can monetize and promote their unique applications to consumers by incorporating relevant, targeted advertising through the new Sprint platform.
Additional Panels and Breakout Sessions
- Mobile Commerce – Mung Ki Woo, group executive mobile, MasterCard; Drew Weinstein, CEO, Sequent; and Richard Kang, CEO, wipit, will discuss the next steps for mobile commerce adoption and opportunities for developers. Plus, learn from Sprint and industry experts about monetizing your application via carrier billing and discoverability opportunities.
- Mobile Security – Carrie MacGillivray, program director-Mobility and Telecom for IDC, will moderate a panel with Vijay Dheap, IBM; Kevin Mahaffe, chief technology officer, Lookout; Ray Vinson, senior director, Samsung; and Toby Rush, CEO, EyeVerify, discussing the changing roles of mobile devices, application security and dealing with the risks of malware/viruses as a part of a socially responsible business model. Separate breakout sessions will focus on integrating security measures in application development to protect consumers and developing for the latest corporate applications in an evolving enterprise environment.
- Cloud Services – Tiffani Bova, research vice president with Gartner, will lead a panel discussion with Mike Peek, global director, Cisco; Sunil Bhargava, CSC; David Trigg, global senior director EMC; and Anakool Lakhina, CEO, Gauvus, on the role cloud services plays in alleviating the challenges IT faces to address the move to Mobile/BYOD and social. In the breakout sessions, developers can learn about the potential for new development and expansion of existing applications to business customers as this market is quickly adopting cloud technology, including SaaS.
- M2M (machine-to-machine) – Sprint and companies within its M2M ecosystem will conduct sessions about connected vehicles, fleet/telematics, usage-based insurance and retail, and will discuss how the Sprint Collaboration Center can help companies facilitate the process of taking their solution from concept to market.
- Venture Capitalists and Startups – Aaron Levie, CEO, Box; Jeff Glueck, CEO, Skyfire; Daniel Deeney, partner, New Venture Partners; and David Weiden, partner, Khosla Ventures, will discuss technology trends and business models shaping the future of mobility. Hear perspectives from these successful startup CEOs and venture capitalists on where VCs are investing, how to get your idea funded, commercializing your product, and leveraging partnerships to achieve success.
|2012 Sprint Open Solutions Conference Sponsors|