Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open standards-based unified communications (UC), today announced a new portfolio of solutions designed for medium-sized businesses that makes it easier to purchase, install, deliver, and manage high-quality, enterprise-grade video collaboration. The mid-market portfolio includes Polycom® RealPresence® Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, as well as various new, next-generation RealPresence video endpoints.
- Polycom RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, the industry’s first implementation of open standards-based SVC (interoperable with AVC), results in 3X HD multipoint video capacity for greater scalability, dramatically lower TCO, and backwards- and forwards-compatibility, without the need for expensive gateways or hardware required by competitive proprietary SVC offerings
- Polycom® RealPresence® Group 300, an affordable enterprise-grade video collaboration system that supports the industry’s highest resolution (up to 1080p60) and is ideal for smaller collaboration spaces such as huddle rooms
- Polycom® RealPresence® Desktop 2.0 software for PCs and laptops (Windows and Mac OS X) and the next generation of Polycom® RealPresence® Mobile 2.0 for smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android devices) extend video collaboration beyond conference rooms
"Video collaboration solutions that enable face-to-face interaction and content-sharing are important tools for helping businesses stay competitive and on the cutting edge, no matter their size. The challenge for mid-sized companies, in particular, is that although they want and need to implement the best technology, they are often hindered by limited budgets and IT resources,” said Ira M. Weinstein, senior analyst and partner, Wainhouse Research. “Polycom has created a portfolio of video collaboration solutions that effectively hit the sweet spot for mid-market customers, delivering an enterprise-grade quality of experience, along with the affordability and ease of use to support customer needs today and tomorrow.”RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, a Software MCU that Runs on Industry-Standard Servers Polycom RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is the industry’s first multi-protocol, integrated software MCU that runs on industry-standard servers, connecting video systems using the open standards-based SVC protocol with video systems using other protocols, such as AVC, to the same meeting without expensive gateways, extra licenses, or hidden costs. The RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s supports open standards-based SVC, delivering 3X HD multipoint video capacity for greater scalability, dramatically lower TCO, and superior performance, and is ideal for mid-sized enterprises such as professional service firms, private healthcare institutions, and investment firms, as well as for larger organizations with branch offices. The RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is part of the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform, the most interoperable and comprehensive software infrastructure for universal video collaboration. RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition represents a significant step forward in delivering virtualized video collaboration from the datacenter for even greater flexibility and lower cost. Polycom plans to deliver additional software MCUs for industry-standard servers in the future. Polycom RealPresence Video Endpoints for Mid-Market – Performance, Ease of Use, Affordability Polycom’s mid-market video collaboration endpoint solutions include:
- RealPresence Group 300 with SmartPairing Technology and EagleEye Acoustic Camera is the next generation of HD video collaboration systems for smaller spaces or huddle rooms that need crystal-clear video calls at an affordable price. RealPresence Group 300 features HD video quality and Polycom’s legendary HD audio technology, including Polycom® ConstantClarity™ technology for extraordinary audio and video fidelity that allows users to distinguish every syllable of every word they hear in a Polycom video conference, resulting in an amazing video experience even in challenging environments. In addition, patent-pending Polycom® SmartPairing™, built into RealPresence Mobile 2.0, wirelessly connects Apple iPads to RealPresence Group 300 systems, letting users control video meetings with their tablets and transfer a live video call from their tablet to a big screen with the swipe of a finger. Polycom is also offering the new EagleEye Acoustic camera, an easy-to-install and cost-effective accessory for smaller spaces that includes built-in microphones and electronic pan, tilt, and zoom at HD quality 1080p30.
- Polycom RealPresence Desktop 2.0 is a new, affordable, enterprise-quality video collaboration software application for Windows and Mac OS X-based PCs and laptops. The solution extends the benefits of Polycom RealPresence video collaboration from the office desk to the home or wherever a user travels when on the go. The system includes features such as a corporate directory search, the ability to select a specific application for content sharing, and far-end (remote) camera control. RealPresence Desktop is the next generation of desktop software applications from Polycom.
- Polycom RealPresence Mobile 2.0 is Polycom’s award-winning software application that lets customers securely extend video collaboration beyond the conference room to easily connect tablets and smartphones (iOS and Android) with other standards-based video systems. The updated app includes the new patent-pending SmartPairing technology, initially for the iPad. For iPad users, additional features include content sharing and far-end camera control (see video, related press release). RealPresence Mobile is available for more than a dozen popular Apple and Android devices.
Services to Help Medium-Sized Business Get Up and Running FastTo simplify the implementation of video collaboration systems and drive usage, Polycom offers a full range of services and financing options.
- By leveraging the expertise of Polycom Global Services to design, deploy, maintain, manage, and optimize their video collaboration solutions, customers can accelerate and maximize their return on investment. Polycom recently launched a portfolio of Polycom Adoption Services intended to help drive user adoption (see related press release).
- Polycom Capital provides flexible financing for reseller partners and end users, helping customers increase their buying power and maintain their competitive advantage. With various payment options and the ability to include maintenance, installation and services, Polycom Capital provides a total solution tailored for customers’ specific business requirements. Financing options include fully customized financial solutions, technology refresh programs, payment deferral programs, capital finance leases, operating fair market value leases, and maintenance financing (see additional details).
© 2012 Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved. POLYCOM®, the Polycom logo, and the names and marks associated with Polycom’s products are trademarks and/or service marks of Polycom, Inc. and are registered and/or common law marks in the United States and various other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events, including statements regarding product availability and plans to deliver additional software MCUs for industry standard servers, and the Polycom user experience and Polycom services as driving adoption. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including the impact of competition on our product sales and for our customers and partners; the impact of increased competition due to consolidation in our industry or competition from companies that are larger or that have greater resources than we do; our ability to bring our new products and offerings to market in a timely manner due to engineering, manufacturing or other delays; changing market demands; potential fluctuations in results and future growth rates; continuing disruption to the business due to the realignment of the North America sales organization; risks associated with general economic conditions and external market factors; the market acceptance of our products and changing market demands, including demands for differing technologies or product and services offerings; our ability to successfully integrate our acquisitions into our business; possible delays in the development, availability and shipment of new products; increasing costs and differing uses of capital; changes in key personnel that may cause disruption to the business; our inability to achieve the expected results from adjustments being made to our expense profile; the impact of restructuring actions; and the impact of global conflicts and changing laws that may adversely impact our business. Many of these risks and uncertainties are discussed in the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, and in other reports filed by Polycom with the SEC. Polycom disclaims any intent or obligations to update these forward-looking statements.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50433263&lang=en