Details released today show how Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) solutions were used by Huawei to validate and harden the resiliency of the InteropNet network, which provided business-critical communications for attendees, exhibitors and staff at Interop New York. The InteropNet infrastructure provided production-quality network reliability for nearly 8,000 users during the event, as attendees used the infrastructure to email, post status updates, stream videos, download files, text and more. Huawei, whose equipment supports the core of InteropNet, deployed Ixia solutions to test and validate this key infrastructure under the same enterprise-class network conditions now being seen at the event. Ixia and Huawei ensure network resiliency for InteropNet
- Ixia solutions were used to create real-world traffic and network scenarios in order to optimize and harden the resiliency of Huawei core routers and switches prior to the launch of InteropNet.
- Working together, Ixia and Huawei conducted a series of simulations to ensure reliability, restoration capability, performance scaling and total data network throughput. Using the Ixia IxNetwork, Huawei was able to fulfill a number of critical needs:
- Validated network performance when faced with real-world user traffic, including dual-stack IPv4/IPv6, RIP, OSPFv3, BGP+, IS-ISv6 and IPv6 multicast.
- Improved recovery times and ensured a continuous user experience in the event of network failover at various points, including the edge, aggregation layer and core.
- Hardened the resiliency of the network under enterprise-class user scenarios, including 10,000 concurrent users.
- As a centerpiece for InteropNet, Huawei is supporting several parts of the network with its enterprise-class solutions:
- The core, with redundant Huawei S9700 terabit routing series switches.
- The aggregation layer, with redundant Huawei S7700 series switches.
- The access layer, with Huawei S5700 switches.
“Every enterprise-class network is different, from the applications and traffic to the users and the devices,” said Michael Haugh, Ixia senior market development manager. “InteropNet is no different, since you have thousands of people traveling to New York to take part in an industry conference but still needing reliable network connections in order to answer emails, send files or even Skype with the kids. Validating enterprise-class solutions that will work under unique network conditions is critical to any business, and working with Huawei at InteropNet we helped build a resilient network infrastructure that was ready for prime-time use as soon as those expo doors opened.”About Ixia Ixia provides the industry’s most comprehensive converged IP network validation and network visibility solutions. Equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprises and government agencies use Ixia’s solutions to design, verify and monitor a broad range of wired, Wi-Fi and 3G/LTE equipment and networks. Ixia’s test solutions emulate realistic media-rich traffic and network conditions so that customers can optimize and validate the design, performance and security of their predeployment networks. Ixia’s intelligent network visibility solutions provide clarity into physical and virtual production networks for improved performance, security, resiliency and application delivery of cloud, data center and service provider networks. For more information, visit www.ixiacom.com. About Huawei Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in more than 140 countries, serving more than one-third of the world’s population. For more information, visit Huawei online at www.huawei.com and follow us on Twitter at and on YouTube. About Huawei Enterprise Business Group Huawei Enterprise Business Group is one of the three business groups of Huawei, a leading global ICT solutions provider. Leveraging Huawei’s strong R&D capabilities and comprehensive technical expertise, Huawei Enterprise provides a wide range of highly efficient customer-centric ICT solutions and services to global vertical industry and enterprise customers throughout the government, the public sector, finance, transportation, electric power, energy, commercial businesses and ISPs. Huawei Enterprise’s innovative and leading solutions cover network infrastructure; unified communications and collaboration; cloud computing; and data center, enterprise information security and industry application solutions.
About InteropInterop drives the adoption of technology, providing knowledge and insight to help IT and corporate decision-makers achieve business success. Part of UBM TechWeb’s family of global brands, Interop is the leading business technology event series. Through in-depth educational programs, workshops, real-world demonstrations and live technology implementations in its unique InteropNet program, Interop provides the forum for the most powerful innovations and solutions the industry has to offer. Interop Las Vegas is the flagship event held each spring, with Interop New York held each fall and annual international events in Mumbai and Tokyo, all produced by UBM TechWeb and partners. For more information about these events, visit www.interop.com.