Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Delta Air Lines ( DAL) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Delta Air Lines rose 14 cents (1.4%) to $10.28 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7.1 million shares of Delta Air Lines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $10.13-$10.48 after having opened the day at $10.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.14. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: DS Torm ( TRMD), up 9.8%, Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), up 7.8%, Air T ( AIRT), up 5.6%, and Danaos Corporation ( DAC), up 4.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Delta Air Lines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.