Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. SunTrust Banks ( STI) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, SunTrust Banks rose 34 cents (1.1%) to $30.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.9 million shares of SunTrust Banks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.02-$30.59 after having opened the day at $30.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.97. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Atlantic Coast Financial ( ACFC), up 14.4%, Magyar Bancorp ( MGYR), up 9.9%, First Federal of Northern Michigan Bancorp ( FFNM), up 8.9%, and MBT Financial Corporation ( MBTF), up 8.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.