Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Equity Residential ( EQR) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Equity Residential fell 65 cents (-1.1%) to $56.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $56.38-$57.50 after having opened the day at $57.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.13. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Penson Worldwide ( PNSN), down 13.3%, VelocityShares 3x Inverse Crude ETN ( DWTI), down 11.3%, Broadway Financial ( BYFC), down 7.8%, and HMN Financial ( HMNF), down 6.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Equity Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.