Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- HollyFrontier (NYSE: HFC) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get trading ideas for stocks under $10 for less than $6/week. Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- HFC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 62.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HFC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.50, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 33.51% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 47.64% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HFC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HOLLYFRONTIER CORP has improved earnings per share by 33.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HOLLYFRONTIER CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.12 versus $0.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.92 versus $6.12).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 156.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $192.24 million to $493.50 million.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free Download Now