Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Stanley Black & Decker ( SWK) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Stanley Black & Decker fell $1.80 (-2.4%) to $74.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Stanley Black & Decker exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $74.54-$76.54 after having opened the day at $76.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.49. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: China Development Group Corporation ( CTDC), down 13.4%, THT Heat Transfer Technology ( THTI), down 13%, Astrotech Corporation ( ASTC), down 10.4%, and China Valves Technology ( CVVT), down 8.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Stanley Black & Decker Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.