8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq:EGHT), provider of innovative cloud communications and computing solutions, today announced a new version of its Virtual Office mobile PBX offering compatible with the leading smartphones and tablets in today’s business environments.
- Take their office extensions anywhere, minimizing phone tag while maximizing productivity and responsiveness to customers and business partners.
- Conduct voice and video calls over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi, including free international calling from Wi-Fi hot spots.
- Enjoy better call quality over Wi-Fi and 3G/4G/LTE, even under low-bandwidth connections, using new advanced compression technology that requires half the bandwidth of the previous version and does not impact audio quality.
- Record calls on demand, freeing them to focus on the conversation rather than taking notes.
- Access PBX features such as call transfer, conference bridging and directories.
- See the status of co-workers (available, busy/on a call or Virtual Meeting or offline) and send instant messages.
- View incoming faxes.
- Display business voice mails in a scrollable list, allowing users to listen to and delete messages in any order.
- Have outbound calls appear with the caller ID of their office numbers to protect the privacy of their mobile numbers and minimize the need for multiple numbers and mailboxes.
- Park a call and then pick it up on their office desk phone.
- Test call quality before initiating calls, eliminating annoyances and wasted time.
“8x8’s Virtual Office Mobile offers our business the features and functionality to stay connected and be productive with high-quality voice across our various offices and wherever our people may be,” said Ed Arango, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Mariners General Insurance Group. “The addition of video will significantly improve our business communications, and we are looking forward to greater convenience and efficiency with the new Virtual Office Mobile 4.0.”For more information about Virtual Office Mobile 4.0, visit www.8x8.com/CommunicationsSolutions/ByProduct/VirtualOffice/Features/VirtualOfficeMobile.aspx. To view a video demonstration of Virtual Office Mobile on the iPad, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMvgpgCgO64&feature=youtu.be. For more information about Virtual Office, visit www.8x8.com/CommunicationsSolutions/ByProduct/VirtualOffice.aspx. To download Virtual Office Mobile 4.0, search for 8x8 Virtual Office in the Apple AppStore. About 8x8, Inc. 8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT) empowers business conversations for more than 30,000 small and medium-sized businesses with cloud communications services that include hosted PBX telephony, unified communications, contact center and video conferencing solutions. Named the No. 1 Provider of Hosted IP Telephony by market research firm Frost & Sullivan, 8x8 has been delivering business communications services since 2004 and has garnered a reputation for technical excellence and outstanding reliability. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or connect with 8x8 on Facebook and Twitter. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50428697&lang=en