Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that XO Communications is leveraging Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers across the United States to deploy the first coast-to-coast 100Gbps (Gigabit per second) network. Highlights
- XO Communications recently launched the first nationwide 100G broadband connection between Equinix data centers in Silicon Valley and Washington DC. For customers, a coast-to-coast 100G pipe from Equinix’s data centers offers:
- High-capacity access to public, hybrid, private cloud providers
- The ability to optimize their network for increased performance and lower latency
- High-speed content distribution to improve end user experience
- Access to Carrier Business Ethernet services across metros and regions
- XO Communications and its partners, Nokia Siemens Networks and Ciena, deployed the 100G service inside Equinix, leveraging Equinix’s Solution Validation Center which provides customers with an innovative way to test new technologies and ensure application performance from a secure, highly connected, globally distributed platform. The Centers facilitate the testing and adoption of new technologies, validate application readiness on evolving technologies and demonstrate the performance advantages of those technologies when delivered from Platform Equinix. Equinix Solution Validation Centers are located in key global metro regions including, Silicon Valley, Ashburn, and will soon open in London and Singapore.
- XO Communications is the first service provider in the United States to deploy 100 Gbps optical technology across a long haul fiber network on a nationwide basis designed to meet the explosive bandwidth demands driven by cloud services, Internet videos, mobile services and new wireless technologies.
- A long-time Equinix customer, XO is deployed in 47 Equinix IBX data centers around the world. Customers that require increasingly higher bandwidth solutions, particularly cable companies, mobile wireless service providers, and telecommunications companies, will now have direct access to 100G services inside Equinix data centers.
- XO Communications, along with its partners Ciena and Nokia Siemens Networks, will officially commemorate the launch of its 100G network and services on October 4, 2012 at an event at the Equinix data center campus in Ashburn, Virginia.
- Brian Lillie , CIO, Equinix:
- Randy Nicklas, senior vice president and CTO, XO Communications:
About EquinixEquinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 38 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com. Forward Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release. Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.