KANSAS CITY, Mo., Oct. 2, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cerner (Nasdaq:CERN) will host more than 10,000 people in Kansas City for the 27 th annual Cerner Health Conference (CHC). Clients, partners and associates representing 21 different countries, will gather to learn about key issues affecting health care, collaborate with peers and gain hands-on experience with innovative health care solutions and services. The conference begins on Oct. 6 and runs through Oct. 10. The 2012 theme, Because it's personal, speaks to all of the experiences we have in health care - as providers, parents, spouses, suppliers, researchers and individuals. Cerner, our clients and our partners want to make the system better, safer and more efficient for our families, our community and ourselves. Cerner clients will lead the majority of the more than 240 diverse education sessions, providing more than 750 available continuing education credits. CHC 2012 will also offer seven in-depth sessions highlighting some of the health care industry's most debated issues, such as population health, quality outcomes and health care reform. CHC 2012 General Session Speakers
- Sunday, Oct. 7 at 5 p.m. CDT: During our opening session, we will feature three shorter-format speakers: -- Thomas Goetz, executive editor of WIRED Magazine, is the author of The Decision Tree: Taking Control of Your Health in the New Era of Personalized Medicine. Dr. David Kessler, former FDA commissioner, calls The Decision Tree "a game changer," and Dr. Dean Ornish, president of Preventative Medicine Research Institute, has said Goetz "writes more clearly and presciently about the future of health care than anyone on the planet." -- John W. Bluford has served as president & CEO of Truman Medical Centers in Kansas City for the past 12 years. Nationally known as a health care innovator, he was recently recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the most influential people in health care. As former chairman of the board for the American Hospital Association, Bluford is a driving force behind maximizing patient care, building an employee culture of health and wellness, and improving financial accomplishments for the organization. -- Simon Sinek, renowned leadership expert and author of Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action, has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?" Any person or organization can explain what they do; some can explain how they are different; but why is the thing that inspires us and those around us. His unconventional and innovative views on business and leadership have attracted international attention and earned him invitations to meet with an array of leaders and organizations across the globe.
- Monday, Oct. 8 at 8 a.m. CDT: Daniel Kraft, M.D., executive director of the FutureMed program at Singularity University, will discuss how technology and innovation are shaping the future of medicine, health and wellness. Dr. Kraft is at the forefront of developing game changing technologies that are having a large impact on patient diagnostics and care.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9 at 8 a.m. CDT: Neal Patterson, Cerner chairman, CEO and co-founder, will provide an update on Cerner's vision for health systems, providers, and communities.
- Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 9 a.m. CDT: Farzad Mostashari, M.D., national coordinator for Health Information Technology at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, will speak about the Office of the National Coordinator's progress to date in fostering the widespread adoption of health IT in the U.S. as well as developing a nationwide health IT infrastructure capable of supporting the large-scale exchange of health information.
- Chat live wherever you are via Twitter using #CHC12
- Follow Cerner on Twitter: @Cerner
- For more information on event speakers and education sessions, visit: www.cerner.com/events.aspx.
- If you are a member of the media and would like to attend one of the general session presentations, please contact Kelli Christman. Members of the media must be registered prior to attending these sessions.
Cerner ® solutions are licensed by approximately 9,300 facilities around the world, including more than 2,650 hospitals; 3,750 physician practices covering more than 40,000 physicians; 500 ambulatory facilities, such as laboratories, ambulatory centers, cardiac facilities, radiology clinics and surgery centers; 800 home health facilities; 40 employer sites and 1,600 retail pharmacies.Certain trademarks, service marks and logos (collectively, the "Marks") set forth herein are owned by Cerner Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and certain other countries throughout the world. All other non-Cerner Marks are the property of their respective owners. Nasdaq: CERN. For more information about Cerner, please visit www.cerner.com , Twitter , Facebook and YouTube .
CONTACT: Cerner Media Contact: Kelli Christman (816) 885-4342 email@example.com Cerner Investors Contact: Allan Kells (816) 201-2445 firstname.lastname@example.org