- 32 percent of U.S. adults who have not rolled over a 401(k) from a former employer have not done so because they find the process too confusing, intimidating and/or time consuming.
- 56 percent of U.S. adults think managing an IRA requires more financial know-how than they have right now.
- 50 percent of U.S. adults with a 401(k) account(s) say it is a critical part of their retirement savings plan, yet:
- 32 percent are not confident it will ever grow enough to meet their retirement needs
- 28 percent don’t regularly review their statements or have a hard time keeping track of account performance
- 21 percent are not certain what fees are being charged
- 41 percent of U.S. adults believe that opening an IRA requires more time than they have right now.
© 2012 E*TRADE Financial Corporation. All rights reserved.Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50427104&lang=en