- to treat leakage of urine (incontinence) in adults with overactive bladder due to neurologic disease who still have leakage or experience too many side effects after trying an anticholinergic medication.
- to prevent headaches in adults with chronic migraine who have 15 or more days each month with headache lasting 4 or more hours each day in people 18 years or older
- to treat increased muscle stiffness in elbow, wrist, and finger muscles in people 18 years and older with upper limb spasticity
- to treat the abnormal head position and neck pain that happens with cervical dystonia (CD) in people 16 years and older
- to treat certain types of eye muscle problems (strabismus) or abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in people 12 years and older
- Problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing, due to weakening of associated muscles, can be severe and result in loss of life. You are at the highest risk if these problems are pre-existing before injection. Swallowing problems may last for several months
- Spread of toxin effects. The effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas away from the injection site and cause serious symptoms including: loss of strength and all-over muscle weakness, double vision, blurred vision and drooping eyelids, hoarseness or change or loss of voice (dysphonia), trouble saying words clearly (dysarthria), loss of bladder control, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing. If this happens, do not drive a car, operate machinery, or do other dangerous activities
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.For BOTOX ® and BOTOX ® Cosmetic full Product Information including Boxed Warning and Medication Guide click here . Important JUVÉDERM ® Safety Information JUVÉDERM ® injectable gel (including JUVÉDERM ® Ultra, JUVÉDERM ® Ultra Plus, JUVÉDERM ® Ultra XC, and JUVÉDERM ® Ultra Plus XC) is indicated for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds). Treatment side effects are usually mild to moderate, lasting 7 days or less, and include temporary injection-site reactions such as redness, pain, firmness, swelling, and bumps. JUVÉDERM ® is not for people with severe allergies. For more information, please click on the About Safety link at www.juvederm.com or call the Allergan Product Support line at 1-877-345-5372. JUVÉDERM ® injectable gel is available by prescription only. About Allergan, Inc. Allergan is a multi-specialty health care company established more than 60 years ago with a commitment to uncover the best of science and develop and deliver innovative and meaningful treatments to help people reach their life’s potential. Today, we have approximately 10,500 highly dedicated and talented employees, global marketing and sales capabilities with a presence in more than 100 countries, a rich and ever-evolving portfolio of pharmaceuticals, biologics, medical devices and over-the-counter consumer products, and state-of-the-art resources in R&D, manufacturing and safety surveillance that help millions of patients see more clearly, move more freely and express themselves more fully. From our beginnings as an eye care company to our focus today on several medical specialties, including eye care, neurosciences, medical aesthetics, medical dermatology, breast aesthetics, obesity intervention and urologics, Allergan is proud to celebrate more than 60 years of medical advances and proud to support the patients and physicians who rely on our products and the employees and communities in which we live and work. For more information regarding Allergan, go to: www.allergan.com. Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains "forward-looking statements," including statements regarding the outcome of litigation and other statements regarding the safety, effectiveness and adverse events associated with BOTOX ® or BOTOX ® Cosmetic. These statements are based on current expectations of future events. If underlying assumptions prove inaccurate or unknown risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could vary materially from Allergan's expectations and projections. Risks and uncertainties include, among other things, the uncertainties associated with the litigation and appeal process; general industry and pharmaceutical market conditions; technological advances and patents attained by competitors; challenges inherent in the research and development and regulatory processes; challenges related to new product marketing, such as the unpredictability of market acceptance for new pharmaceutical products and/or the acceptance of new indications for such products; inconsistency of treatment results among patients; potential difficulties in manufacturing a new product; general economic conditions; and governmental laws and regulations affecting domestic and foreign operations. Additional information concerning the above-referenced risk factors and other risk factors can be found in Allergan's public periodic filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including the discussion under the heading "Risk Factors" in Allergan's 2011 Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. Copies of Allergan's press releases and additional information about Allergan are available at www.allergan.com or you can contact the Allergan Investor Relations Department by calling 714-246-4636. © 2012 Allergan, Inc. Irvine, CA 92612. ® marks owned by Allergan, Inc. All rights reserved. Myobloc ® is a registered trademark of Solstice Neurosciences, Inc. Dysport ® is a registered trademark of Ipsen Biopharm, Ltd. Xeomin ® is a registered trademark of Merz Pharma Gmbh & Co. i Allergan data on file; Medical Affairsii Allergan data on file; Global Regulatory Affairsiii Allergan data on file; Global Literature & Information Services