- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 33.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 119.36% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 46.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.72 million to $3.99 million.
- MBWM, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 16.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 16.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- MERCANTILE BANK CORP has improved earnings per share by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MERCANTILE BANK CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $4.06 versus -$1.72 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 67.1% in earnings ($1.34 versus $4.06).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $5.03 million or 31.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.