The new Aruba Instant Enterprise includes new products and features that are critical for application optimization and improved security including the following:
- Application Fingerprinting: Aruba’s built-in Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF) identifies voice and video traffic to ensure uninterrupted real-time communications, even for encrypted applications like Microsoft Lync and Apple FaceTime.
- Support for Apple Bonjour services like AirPlay and AirPrint: Only the necessary set of Bonjour services are made visible to mobile devices based on the user identity and location.
- Multicast video optimization: Multicast traffic can be transmitted as unicast over the air so that video is only sent to the clients subscribed to the video feed.
- Integrated Spectrum Analysis: Automatically identifies and avoids RF interference without any performance impact while serving clients to provide a seamless user experience.
- Layer 3 Roaming: Allows mobile devices to roam across subnet boundaries without any impact to Wi-Fi performance, enabling cost-effective scalability for a wide range of deployment scenarios.
- Authentication Survivability: In conjunction with Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, ensures that known users can still securely join the network if centralized authentication resources become unavailable.
- IPSec Tunneling: Securely extends data center resources and applications to remote branch offices over the Internet.
Carousel Industries is a premier technology solutions consultant and provider of designing, implementing and maintaining powerful converged communication networks for enterprise customers nationwide. As a key Aruba Networks channel partner, Carousel is experiencing increasing success with Aruba’s Instant portfolio for enterprise customers and is excited about the new market growth opportunities that Aruba Instant Enterprise brings.“Aruba Networks’ Instant APs provide a fast and efficient way for our customers to deploy controller-less, enterprise-class Wi-Fi across multiple sites,” said Bill Annino, vice president of the Data Technology Group, Carousel Industries. “With the new Aruba OS release that is part of Aruba Instant Enterprise, and particularly, the Aruba Activate service, the Instant APs require very little, if any, technical resources, resulting in simple, more cost-effective deployments for clients.” “Aruba recognizes that an enterprise’s entire user population requires high performance, easy access to important applications and resources, and minimal configuration and management headaches,” said Ben Gibson, chief marketing officer for Aruba Networks. “With Aruba Instant Enterprise, we are taking a decade’s worth of innovation designed for large, mission-critical campus environments and delivering this value very cost effectively, across any distributed enterprise environment. With Aruba Instant Enterprise, we’re addressing the entire enterprise, providing a consistent user and management experience whether the enterprise is using mobility controllers, a controller-less model, or a combination of the two. In any of these scenarios, the result for customers is improved performance and lower deployment costs.” Aruba Instant Enterprise including the new software release and Aruba Activate, is available now, free of charge for existing Aruba Instant customers. About Aruba Networks, Inc. Aruba Networks is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. The company’s Mobile Virtual Enterprise (MOVE) architecture unifies wired and wireless network infrastructures into one seamless access solution for corporate headquarters, mobile business professionals, remote workers and guests. This unified approach to access networks enables IT organizations and users to securely address the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) phenomenon, dramatically improving productivity and lowering capital and operational costs.
Listed on the NASDAQ and Russell 2000® Index, Aruba is based in Sunnyvale, California, and has operations throughout the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions. To learn more, visit Aruba at http://www.arubanetworks.com. For real-time news updates follow Aruba on Twitter and Facebook, and for the latest technical discussions on mobility and Aruba products visit Airheads Social at http://community.arubanetworks.com.© 2012 Aruba Networks, Inc. Aruba Networks’ trademarks include the design mark for AirWave, Aruba Networks ® , Aruba Wireless Networks ® , the registered Aruba the Mobile Edge Company logo, the registered AirWave logo, Aruba Mobility Management System ® , Mobile Edge Architecture ® , People Move. Networks Must Follow ® , RFProtect ® , Green Island ® . All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.