Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Church & Dwight Company ( CHD) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Church & Dwight Company rose 56 cents (1%) to $54.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 642,555 shares of Church & Dwight Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 844,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.02-$54.24 after having opened the day at $53.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.60. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: MGP Ingredients ( MGPI), up 16.5%, Tufco Technologies ( TFCO), up 10.1%, Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 10%, and Kid Brands ( KID), up 8.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Church & Dwight Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.