At the keynote, Adobe also outlined a number of recent contributions it has made to the Web platform in cooperation with the standards and open source communities. These contributions are helping to advance the Web by making it a more expressive platform in key areas, including:
- Layout: With CSS Regions and CSS Exclusions, Web designers and developers will be able to create responsive magazine-like layouts on the Web.
- Foundational graphics: The proposed CSS Transforms specification will make it easier for authors to apply geometric transformations to HTML and SVG content consistently. The proposed CSS Compositing and Blending specifications will give Web designers the option to use blend modes they are already familiar with from Photoshop.
- Cinematic visual effects: CSS Custom Filters, now available in Chrome Canary, enables sophisticated visual effects, for a richer, more engaging experience on the Web. Adobe also announced CSS FilterLab, a new experimental tool for Web designers and developers to create their own custom filters, available today at http://html.adobe.com/webstandards/csscustomfilters/cssfilterlab/.
- Typography: Adobe has open sourced two beautiful new fonts used by Edge Code and Edge Reflow – Source Sans Pro and Source Code Pro.
Edge Tools & Services include:
- Edge Inspect – An inspection and preview tool that allows front-end Web developers and designers to efficiently preview and debug HTML content on mobile devices.
- Edge Reflow – A responsive Web design tool to help users create layouts and visual designs with CSS, the standard for styling HTML content. A preview release is expected by the end of the year.
- Edge Web Fonts – A free Web font service for using a growing library of open source fonts on websites and in apps.
- Typekit® – A service that gives designers and developers access to a library of hosted, high-quality fonts to use on their websites.
Paid membership to Creative Cloud for individuals is US$49.99 per month based on annual membership and US$74.99 per month for month-to-month membership. Customers who own an individual license of any Creative Suite edition or single product, version CS3 or later, are currently eligible for an annual membership price of just US$29.99 per month for their first year. Education pricing is also available. For more details, visit www.adobe.com/go/creativecloud.About Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com. © 2012 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Creative Cloud, Creative Suite, Photoshop, Lightroom,, Muse, Typekit, PhoneGap and Dreamweaver are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.