Other key highlights about The Hartford’s sustainability efforts include:
- The company offers auto policyholders a premium discount when insuring hybrid and electric vehicles;
- The Hartford has insured renewable energy risks, including solar, wind and geothermal, for more than 20 years;
- The Hartford installed electric vehicle charging stations on all of its Connecticut campuses for use by its employees;
- In 2011, The Hartford purchased Green-e certified renewable energy certificates, which represented over 6 percent of its overall 2011 electricity demand; and
- The Hartford engages its employees on environmental stewardship in innovative ways through a group of early career professional volunteers, the Hartford Environmental Action (HEAT) Team.
Some of the statements in this release may be considered forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. We caution investors that these forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results may differ materially. Investors should consider the important risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ. These important risks and uncertainties include those discussed in our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, our 2011 Annual Report on Form 10-K and the other filings we make with the Securities and Exchange Commission. We assume no obligation to update this release, which speaks as of the date issued.