Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP and wireless network test solutions, today announced membership in InCNTRE’s SDN Testing Consortium to further lead the development of standards-based software defined networking (SDN) technologies, including OpenFlow. Through this collaboration, InCNTRE, the world’s only third-party testing lab for SDN, will use Ixia solutions to perform interoperability certification testing. As a leader in the development and validation of standards-based SDN technologies such as OpenFlow, Ixia continues to offer next-generation solutions for the latest networking technologies. News Highlights
- Ixia will collaborate with InCNTRE through its SDN Testing Consortium to develop and test standards-based SDN technologies, including OpenFlow.
- InCNTRE is the world’s only neutral testing lab for SDN and was selected by the Open Networking Forum (ONF) as an official lab for conformance testing of OpenFlow.
- Ixia has been a leader in the development of OpenFlow as the chair for ONFs Testing-Interop Working Group and is the first to introduce off-the-shelf OpenFlow testing solutions.
- InCNTRE will use Ixia’s IxNetwork for functional and performance testing of OpenFlow devices as well as hybrid devices running traditional routing and switching protocols.
- Additionally, Ixia’s IxANVL will be used to determine whether devices conform to OpenFlow Switch v1.0 ONF interoperability standards.
About IxiaIxia provides the industry’s most comprehensive converged IP network validation and network visibility solutions. Equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprises and government agencies use Ixia solutions to design, verify and monitor a broad range of wired, Wi-Fi and 3G/LTE equipment and networks. Ixia test solutions emulate realistic media-rich traffic and network conditions so that customers can optimize and validate the design, performance and security of their pre-deployment networks. Ixia intelligent network visibility platforms provide clarity into physical and virtual production networks for improved performance, security, resiliency and application delivery of cloud, data center and service provider networks. For more information, visit www.ixiacom.com. About InCNTRE The Indiana Center for Network Translational Research and Education (InCNTRE) at Indiana University seeks to advance software-defined networking (SDN), and to catalyze researchers, students and IT staff within the academic community to fully realize the opportunities for innovation enabled by SDN. InCNTRE’s lab is the world’s only neutral, third-party SDN interoperability testing facility. Under the leadership of executive director Matthew Davy, InCNTRE is playing a key role in encouraging the development and adoption of standards-based SDN technologies such as OpenFlow. InCNTRE’s research, education and testing activities are advancing the SDN industry while training the network engineers and developers of the future.