Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Peabody Energy Corporation ( BTU) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Peabody Energy Corporation fell 38 cents (-1.5%) to $24.42 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6.7 million shares of Peabody Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.54-$24.55 after having opened the day at $24.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.80. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: United States Antimony Corporation ( UAMY), down 13.2%, Kimber Resources ( KBX), down 12.7%, Jaguar Mining ( JAG), down 8%, and China Natural Resources ( CHNR), down 7.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Peabody Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.