Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Royal Dutch Shell ( RDS.B) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Royal Dutch Shell fell $1.02 (-1.4%) to $73.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 825,325 shares of Royal Dutch Shell exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 650,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $72.73-$73.67 after having opened the day at $72.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.52. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Geokinetics ( GOK), down 22.4%, United States Antimony Corporation ( UAMY), down 13.2%, Kimber Resources ( KBX), down 12.7%, and Voyager Oil & Gas ( VOG), down 10.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Royal Dutch Shell Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.