Johnson’s company, SodexoMAGIC, is one of the newest diverse supplier partners at APS. SodexoMAGIC, LLC provides on-site dining and operates the employee cafes at APS.“In the NBA, I’ve learned what it takes to compete at the highest levels. You need to be committed to excellence and teamwork and have the willingness to get the job done in the face of difficult obstacles. You also need a great coach to provide opportunity and guidance,” said Johnson, Chairman and CEO of SodexoMAGIC, LLC. “APS is a great partner and a great coach. They are committed to providing opportunity and the proper guidance needed for success. Arizona is very fortunate to have a company here that adds so much to the community at large.” The five award-winning diverse suppliers were recognized in categories that fit with APS’s core values:
- Value-Added Partnership: Bunny’s Inc , a general engineering and construction firm. The company helps the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station carry out safer and more efficient refueling and maintenance outages through its work on the plant’s cooling towers. Contact: Andrea Maxwell, owner, 623-875-1201.
- Alignment with APS Values: EC Source , a leader in engineering, planning and constructing large-scale electric transmission projects. The company played an important role in the construction of a 27-mile transmission line through the developing north reaches of Phoenix. Contact: Brian Bratton, president, 480-218-9711.
- High Performance and Operational Excellence: FNT , a distributor of telecommunications tools, equipment, consulting and supplies. During the past five years, FNT has supplied nearly 3,000 miles of cables for APS. Contact: Jane Dominique, CEO, 602-288-1181.
- Community Involvement: Law Enforcement Specialists , a firm that provides off-duty, armed police officers for security and traffic control work. APS relies on these officers to control traffic while crews work on important infrastructure projects. This helps APS ensure public safety at work sites. Contact: Bonnie Lucas, president and CEO, 623-825-6700.
- Commitment to Sustainability: Ninyo & Moore , a geotechnical and environmental sciences consulting firm. The company, which has grown to more than 400 employees in 15 offices located throughout the west, provides remediation alternatives to construction projects that encounter unexpected challenges such as soft sub-grade soil. These solutions are appropriate from an engineering, cost benefit and project schedule perspective. Contact: Steve Nowaczyk, principal engineer, 602-243-1600 (ext. 6206).