- Leisure travelers interested in purchasing shared resort real estate tend to be married (63%) and average 42 years of age. Approximately four in 10 report having children who live in their household full time.
- Leisure travelers interested in purchasing shared resort real estate took an average of just over three (3.4) leisure trips during the past 12 months, and spent an estimated $1,730 on lodging accommodations.
- Eight in 10 leisure travelers who are current owners (80%), and a comparable percentage of prospective purchasers (84%), prefer a beach or lake experience on vacation.
- Nearly nine in 10 prospective purchasers are interested in staying at a condominium-style resort during the next two years.
- Mini-vacations and weekends at shared ownership resorts are, by far, the most highly rated incentives to participate in a sales tour, with eight in 10 leisure travelers who are prospective purchasers (83%) citing their appeal.