- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- ELP's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ELP has a quick ratio of 1.54, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- ELP, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 26.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for COPEL-CIA PARANAENSE ENERGIA is rather low; currently it is at 17.50%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.00% trails that of the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market, COPEL-CIA PARANAENSE ENERGIA's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.