Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources fell $2.31 (-2%) to $113.57 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $113.50-$115.79 after having opened the day at $115.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $115.88. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Royale Energy ( ROYL), down 11.1%, Clayton Williams Energy ( CWEI), down 8.3%, Crimson Exploration ( CXPO), down 7.2%, and Isramco ( ISRL), down 6.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full EOG Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.