Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. MSC Industrial Direct ( MSM) pushed the Wholesale industry higher today making it today's featured wholesale winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, MSC Industrial Direct rose 79 cents (1.1%) to $73.05 on light volume. Throughout the day, 179,576 shares of MSC Industrial Direct exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 507,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $72.07-$73.38 after having opened the day at $72.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.26. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that increased today were: Crystal Rock Holdings ( CRVP), up 3%, Grupo Casa Saba S.A.B. de C.V ( SAB), up 2.7%, Wesco International ( WCC), up 1.6%, and Henry Schein ( HSIC), up 1.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full MSC Industrial Direct Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.