"Elsa is an employee who consistently does her job well, and trains other new colleagues to follow her lead." said Robert P. Wise, Hunterdon Medical Center president and chief executive officer. "I am so pleased she is being recognized for her dedication to Hunterdon Medical Center and our patients. It is a great achievement that Elsa is first in the country to receive this prestigious healthcare award."Honorable Mentions:
- Martha Bonilla, environmental services aide, Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, Fla.
- Terry Perkins, environmental services worker III, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vt.
- Kim Tyler, environmental services worker, Tenet St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, Philadelphia
- Employee recognition certificate
- Checklist with handy references to cleaning and disinfecting patient rooms
- Posters for public display
- Room calling cards indicating a patient room has been cleaned