VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sept. 19, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation (Nasdaq:TKMR) (TSX:TKM), a leading developer of RNA interference (RNAi) therapeutics, today provided a periodic update to its shareholders on the ongoing litigation with Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and AlCana Technologies, Inc. "We are firmly committed to regaining control of our LNP technology and preserve its full value for Tekmira. The Massachusetts Superior Court has issued a pre-trial scheduling order with the timeline for the remaining pre-trial events leading up to a trial commencing on November 14, 2012," said Dr. Mark J. Murray, Tekmira's President and CEO. Key activities in the legal timeline include:
- Expert depositions will be completed by September 28, 2012.
- Witness lists, exhibit lists and other motions must be completed during October 2012.
- The final pre-trial conference will be on November 7, 2012.
- Jury empanelment will begin on November 13, 2012.
- The trial will commence, in front of a jury, on November 14, 2012.