Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, announced today that it has been named to the “2012 InformationWeek 500 List of Top Technology Innovators Across America.” The annual award recognizes companies that display outstanding innovation in the use of information technology. This is the first year Sonus has been selected and was recognized for its innovative use of online tools to support channel partners as part of the Sonus Partner Assure™ program. Launched in June 2012, Sonus Partner Assure provides Sonus’ enterprise channel partners with a unique, portal-based support experience that includes seamless, simple access to sales and technical support services, including pricing/configuration tools, lead management and live access to Sonus subject matter experts. In its first week of deployment, the Sonus Partner Assure portal was accessed by more than 200 unique partner contacts. The company expects to recoup its investment on the portal development project through the increased sale of channel-based products that will be serviced through the portal, notably the Sonus SBC 5100 and Sonus SBC 5200 session border controllers (SBC). InformationWeek identifies and honors the nation's most innovative users of information technology with its annual 500 listing and tracks the technology, strategies, investments and administrative practices of America’s best-known companies. Past winners include PACCAR Inc., The Vanguard Group, CME Group, National Semiconductor, Con-Way and Principal Financial Group. The InformationWeek 500 rankings are unique among corporate rankings as they spotlight the power of innovation in information technology, rather than simply identifying the biggest IT spenders. Quotes:
- “The InformationWeek 500 has recognized the most innovative users of business technology for 24 years, and this year’s innovations were particularly impressive,” said InformationWeek Editor-in-Chief Rob Preston. “What the editors looked for are unconventional approaches—new technologies, new models, new ways of grabbing business opportunities and solving complex business problems with IT.”
- Bill Scudder, Sonus CIO said, “The Sonus team is honored to be recognized as an InformationWeek 500 recipient for our approach in making sure channels find Sonus easy to do business with. We have an exclusive set of tech-savvy companies who are certified as Sonus Partner Assure resellers and we feel strongly that only a best-in-class online engagement platform would serve their needs.”
- “The Sonus Partner Assure portal and its ease of use is a key differentiator for Sonus and how we collaborate and transact with our partners,” said Joe McLaughlin, vice president of Global Channels at Sonus. “We have simplified new partner enrollment, activation and certifications through the portal and expect to speed time to revenue as a result.”
- Designed as an exclusive community of the most highly capable technology providers in the world, the Sonus Partner Assure program currently includes 13 partners.
- The Sonus SBC 5100 and Sonus SBC 5200 SBCs are sold to enterprise customers exclusively through Sonus channel partners.
- Sonus is currently the fastest-growing SBC vendor in terms of service provider market share, according to Infonetics.
- Additional details on the I nformationWeek 500 can be found at www.informationweek.com/iw500/.
About Sonus Networks:Sonus helps the world's leading communications service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of SIP-based solutions including VoIP, video and Unified Communications through secure, reliable and scalable IP networks. With customers around the globe and 15 years of experience transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. About InformationWeek Business Technology Network: The InformationWeek Business Technology Network provides IT executives with unique analysis and tools that parallel their work flow—from defining and framing objectives through to the evaluation and recommendation of solutions. Anchored by InformationWeek, the multimedia powerhouse that looks across the enterprise, the network scales across the most critical technology categories with online properties such as DarkReading.com (security), NetworkComputing.com (networking and communications) and BYTE (consumer technology). The network also provides focused content for key IT targets, such as CIOs, developers and SMBs, via InformationWeek Global CIO, Dr. Dobb’s and InformationWeek SMB, as well as vital vertical industries with InformationWeek Financial Services, Government and Healthcare sites. Content is at the nucleus of our information distribution strategy—IT professionals turn to our experts and communities to stay informed, get advice and research technologies to make strategic business decisions. For more information visit www.informationweek.com. Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements: The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors” sections of Sonus’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.