- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- SCX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SCX has a quick ratio of 2.20, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $7.33 million or 4.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -36.67%.
- SCX, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, STARRETT (L.S.) CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for STARRETT (L.S.) CO is rather low; currently it is at 22.20%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -6.60% is significantly below that of the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.