Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Ashland ( ASH) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Ashland fell $1.10 (-1.5%) to $74.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 721,252 shares of Ashland exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 770,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $74.35-$75.67 after having opened the day at $75.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.58. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), down 19.1%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 12.8%, Metabolix ( MBLX), down 6.6%, and Renewable Energy Group ( REGI), down 6.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Ashland Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.