MINNEAPOLIS, Sept. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Clearfield, Inc . (Nasdaq:CLFD), the specialist in fiber management and connectivity platforms for communications providers, today announced the release of two new fiber management products designed to improve density and ease of fiber access enabling customers to scale operations along with growing subscriber revenues. Clearview Blue, the latest generation Clearview Cassette, and FieldSmart FxHD, the highest density fiber distribution system in the industry, extend Clearfield's commitment to maximizing all product designs for modularity and scalability. With its integrated slack management, cable routing and compatibility with the entire FieldSmart architecture, Clearview Blue provides superior performance with minimal risk of fiber damage. FieldSmart FxHD utilizes Clearview Blue's user-defined "Blue Building Blocks" to align desired cable counts and scale to the highest density in the industry. "Density has always been a critical factor in fiber design. Clearview Blue delivers not only the highest density options in the industry, but sets the standard for access, protection, and reduced labor time," comments Johnny Hill, chief operating officer for Clearfield. "And our new FieldSmart FxHD leverages Clearview Blue to make it possible for head-ends, central offices and data centers to deploy more ports per square foot and reduce the cost of real estate by more than 40%." Clearview Blue Designed for the utmost in modularity and scalability, Clearview Blue is used across the FieldSmart architecture, providing superior fiber protection from the inside plant, through the outside plant and into the access network of panels, frames, outside plant cabinets and wallboxes. Deployed as a 12-port self-contained fiber management device, service providers can stock a single fiber management component for all environments. By reducing inventory levels, and technician training and installation time, the basic principles of fiber management are promoted without exposure to environmental hazards or human interaction. Clearview Blue offers:
- A smaller footprint that minimizes space requirements, reducing the cost of deployment.
- Flexibility and a simple snap together design that saves time and accelerates turn-up.
- 10 feet of integrated slack storage and splicing functionality resulting in reduced labor time and ultimate space savings.
- Building Block packaging that offers compatibility with the FieldSmart FxHD panel and extends Clearfield's ongoing commitment to providing customer-led configurability in all of its designs.
- Flexibility and reliable performance in the toughest operating environments in the access network, central office and in the field.