SACRAMENTO, Calif., Sept. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Napa Valley Nutritionals ( www.nvnutritionals.com) today introduced Glucorein™ Medical Food for the Dietary Management of PCOS. Patent-pending Glucorein™ for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) contains a proprietary blend of chlorogenic acid and L-cysteine, which collectively reduces the incidence of metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance, both thought to be key contributors to PCOS. Delivered in a natural cranberry and lemon drink, Glucorein™ for PCOS is to be used under the supervision of a medical professional.
- G-6-Pase translocase inhibitors such as chlorogenic acid may be useful for the reduction of inappropriately high rates of hepatic glucose output often found in type 2 (non-insulin dependent) diabetics and obese individuals.
- Strong plasma antioxidants, such as chlorogenic acid, may reduce LDL oxidation, positively impacting the quality of life of diabetic patients.
- Chlorogenic acid's ability to affect gastrointestinal hormones may delay glucose uptake in the small intestine and shift the site of glucose absorption to more distal parts of the intestine.
- Scientific studies have demonstrated that coffee consumption may have an inverse associated risk with developing type 2 diabetes.
- Chlorogenic acid has also demonstrated the ability to provide a slimming effect versus a placebo.
- A comprehensive list of chlorogenic acid studies as they relate to diabetes is available at www.nvnutritionals.com/glucorein/studies .
CONTACT: Napa Valley Nutritionals Dan McFadden Director of Marketing/Communications (425) 753-2105 email@example.com