TE Connectivity Ltd. today announced its new MRJ21 XG pre-terminated copper cabling system designed to deliver 10 GbE (10-Gigabit Ethernet) throughput in all architectures where copper cabling is required. Based on the foundation of TE’s industry-leading MRJ21 high-density interface, the MRJ21 XG cabling solution helps facilitate management of data center rack and floor space, density and throughput while also capitalizing on its ease of deployment and fast installation rates. “Due to the increasing penetration of 10GBASE-T switches and blades in the data center, the need to quickly deploy a 10 GbE copper system with minimal white space consumption has become critical,” said Kam Patel, business line manager of data center solutions at TE Enterprise Networks. The MRJ21 XG cabling system, comprised of cable assemblies, cassettes and Cat 6A shielded patch cords, answers this challenge in three ways:
- Space savings – the unique MRJ21 XG trunk cable typically consumes 5% less volume than most other zone cabling solutions and up to 37% less than traditional twisted pair systems, thereby reducing containment costs and improving airflow in and around the servers and switches. This has the ability to positively impact both initial capital expenditures as well as ongoing operating costs.
- Density – the MRJ21 XG solution offers 48 RJ45 ports in a fixed, single rack unit configuration, allowing server or switch-specific designs with maximum rack efficiency and minimal wasted space.
- Throughput – the MRJ21 XG cabling system can be deployed in traditional cross-connect architectures, office LAN environments and the latest server-to-core switch configurations and supports all data rates up to and including 10 Gb/s (Gigabits per second).
- Supports multiple 10-Gigabit architectures, including top-of-rack (ToR), end-of-row (EoR) and middle-of-row (MoR)
- Plug-n-play design delivers greater ease of deployment and faster installation of additional capacity/service
- Supports green IT initiatives by improving airflow and energy efficiency with lower cable volumes
- Shielded system ensures the highest levels of signal immunity to cross-talk
All other logos, products and/ or company names referred to herein might be trademarks of their respective owners.© 2012 Tyco Electronics Corporation, a TE Connectivity Ltd. company. All rights reserved.