Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. American Tower ( AMT) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, American Tower fell $1.43 (-2%) to $71.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $71.07-$73.10 after having opened the day at $72.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.79. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Linktone ( LTON), down 11.7%, Blonder Tongue Laboratories ( BDR), down 8.2%, RIT Technologies ( RITT), down 7.9%, and WPCS International ( WPCS), down 7.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full American Tower Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.