Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Apple ( AAPL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Apple rose $8.30 (1.2%) to $691.28 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 20.9 million shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $687.89-$696.98 after having opened the day at $689.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $682.98. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Dataram Corporation ( DRAM), up 7.9%, Aruba Networks ( ARUN), up 7.5%, Lexmark International ( LXK), up 6.5%, and AU Optronics Corporation ( AUO), up 5.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Apple Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.