Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Pentair ( PNR) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Pentair fell 51 cents (-1.2%) to $43.38 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Pentair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 862,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43-$43.90 after having opened the day at $43.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.89. Other companies within the Industrial industry that declined today were: Skullcandy ( SKUL), down 16.4%, A123 Systems ( AONE), down 8.3%, Edwards Group ( EVAC), down 6.2%, and Continental Materials Corporation ( CUO), down 6.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full Pentair Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.