Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. United Technologies ( UTX) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, United Technologies rose $1.70 (2.2%) to $80.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.6 million shares of United Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $78.70-$80.89 after having opened the day at $78.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.83. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: Dow Chemical ( DOW), up 4.1% and Leucadia National Corporation ( LUK), up 2.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- You can view the full United Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.