Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), the world’s highest attended motion picture exhibitor, today announced plans to construct a 12-screen, all-digital movie theatre in Temple, Texas that will feature the company’s new Cinemark NextGen design concept. The theatre will anchor the redevelopment of the Outdoor America Mall to be renamed Gateway Center, strategically located along Interstate 35, just south of the intersection of I-35 and SW Hk Dodgen Loop 363. Long recognized as a pioneer in the theatrical exhibition industry, Cinemark is taking the cinema entertainment experience to the next level. The new Cinemark NextGen theatre will offer the latest technology, cutting edge amenities and customer-preferred options all under one roof. NextGen amenities will include:
- State-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor screens available in all auditoriums.
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability
- Enhanced sound systems that will enable customers to hear the movie as the filmmakers intended.
- Cinemark’s innovative self-serve concession stand – offering freshly-popped popcorn, Coca-Cola fountain beverages and favorite candy brands
- Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditorium