Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Hillshire Brands ( HSH) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Hillshire Brands fell 44 cents (-1.7%) to $25.89 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Hillshire Brands exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $25.89-$26.48 after having opened the day at $26.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.33. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: China Shengda Packaging Group ( CPGI), down 12.9%, Central Garden & Pet Company ( CENTA), down 11.4%, Central Garden & Pet Company ( CENT), down 8.8%, and Elecsys Corporation ( ESYS), down 6.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Hillshire Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.