- TruSight Autism used for the evaluation of autism, a condition affecting about 1 in 88 children;
- TruSight Cancer assists in identifying genetic causes of cancer and includes genes associated with common (e.g. breast, colorectal cancer) and rare cancers;
- TruSight Cardiomyopathy assists in identifying inherited causes of cardiomyopathy;
- TruSight Inherited Disease focuses on severe, recessive pediatric onset diseases; and
- TruSight Exome targets rare genetic diseases that affect as many as 10 million people per year worldwide, with content from the HGMD® (Human Gene Mutation Database).
Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN) today announced five initial TruSight content sets for use in next-generation sequencing (NGS) in laboratory settings. Designed by recognized experts at leading institutions, the content sets offer cost-effective, streamlined, targeted sequencing for specific genetic diseases or conditions. Customers can immediately leverage this content to develop their own tests, and in the first half of 2013 will have the additional capability to augment the sets with custom content. These products, developed in conjunction with leading healthcare experts including Children’s Mercy Center for Pediatric Genomic Medicine, Kennedy Krieger Institute, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, and Partners HealthCare (see additional Illumina-Partners HealthCare news today), are designed to provide comprehensive evaluation of genes associated with the following: