Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Equity Residential ( EQR) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Equity Residential fell $1.10 (-1.8%) to $59.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $59.46-$60.62 after having opened the day at $60.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.56. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: VelocityShares 3x Inverse Natural Gas ETN ( DGAZ), down 14.9%, Bank VA Chesterfield ( BOVA), down 14.7%, Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), down 12%, and MSB Financial Corporation ( MSBF), down 9.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Equity Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.