Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Harman International Industries ( HAR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Harman International Industries fell 57 cents (-1.2%) to $47.47 on light volume. Throughout the day, 555,759 shares of Harman International Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 918,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.40-$48.20 after having opened the day at $47.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.04. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Leapfrog ( LF), down 8.7%, Kid Brands ( KID), down 5.9%, Elecsys Corporation ( ESYS), down 3.5%, and Koninklijke Philips Electronics ( PHG), down 3.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Harman International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.