Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Sealed Air Corporation ( SEE) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Sealed Air Corporation rose 59 cents (3.9%) to $15.65 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.2 million shares of Sealed Air Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.07-$15.68 after having opened the day at $15.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.06. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( GMCR), up 9.1%, Coldwater Creek ( CWTR), up 9%, Tofutti Brands ( TOF), up 8.5%, and China Shengda Packaging Group ( CPGI), up 7.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Sealed Air Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.