Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that it has launched new enhancements to the company’s Multichannel Commerce Solution, including responsive web design to dynamically present content optimized for specific devices, and new features and architectural updates for multichannel optimization. These innovations were specifically designed to help large retailers and brands quickly implement multichannel commerce initiatives that enhance the shopping experience of today’s connected consumers. Demandware clients use the enhanced solution to accelerate multichannel development on the Demandware Commerce platform, and simplify integration across disparate enterprise applications. The latest updates optimize technical resources and lower implementation costs, while ensuring ongoing site scalability and transaction security. Large, complex retailers now have an open, extensible and enhanced framework to more effectively serve the increasing demands of multichannel shoppers. Further benefits are derived from the ability to:
- Give merchants multichannel control to consistently manage products, promotions, customers and orders across multiple user interfaces, with responsive web design embedded directly in the commerce platform
- Streamline development of highly branded consumer interactions across devices with a modular and extensible storefront that includes extensive commerce components, prebuilt integrations and open multichannel architecture
- Apply multichannel best practices and expertise gained from Demandware’s deep experience collaborating with leading retailers and brands.
- Responsive Web Design – Incorporates the industry’s best-practice in web design to allow dynamic formatting of content presentation for distinct devices including desktop/laptop computers, tablets and smartphones
- Multichannel-Optimized Commerce – New features include store-level inventory visibility, device optimized experiences, and store locator; enhanced features include AJAX-based search refinements, kitting and outfitting configuration, and rules-driven merchandise personalization
- Best-of-Breed Integrations – New and enhanced pre-built integrations for third-party technologies, such as email, analytics, payment and campaign management; and an extensible integration framework for proprietary enterprise applications
- Updated Web Architecture & Design Kit – Enhanced HTML5 site readiness with optimized markup for faster performance, enhanced design templates and annotated wireframes to allow quick customization based on unique brand requirements
Learn More at Shop.org Annual Summit in Denver:If you are attending the Shop.org Annual Summit September 10-12 in Denver, be sure to check out the session “Leveraging Responsive Web Design for Effective and Successful Mobile Strategies” featuring Steve Reichgut, director of engineering for Demandware solution partner, Fluid, Inc. and Demandware client, Michelle Magallon, VP of digital commerce for Perry Ellis International. Date: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 Time: 3:15-4:15pm Room: Track 2: Four Seasons 2-3 About Demandware Demandware (NYSE: DWRE) is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Demandware Commerce platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call +1-888-553-9216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Demandware is a registered trademark of Demandware, Inc.