Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Charter Communications ( CHTR) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Charter Communications fell $1.13 (-1.4%) to $78.15 on light volume. Throughout the day, 383,806 shares of Charter Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 526,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $77.93-$79.21 after having opened the day at $79.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.28. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Digital Domain Media Group ( DDMG), down 39%, Pandora Media ( P), down 16.7%, Monster Worldwide ( MWW), down 6.3%, and SearchMedia Holdings ( IDI), down 5.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Charter Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.