Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts rose 47 cents (3%) to $16.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, eight million shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.72-$16.32 after having opened the day at $15.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.84. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: SYSWIN ( SYSW), up 16.9%, American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), up 8.4%, Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), up 5.5%, and Amrep Corporation ( AXR), up 4.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Host Hotels Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.