- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- PRCP has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.05, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- PERCEPTRON INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PERCEPTRON INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.34 versus $0.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.37 versus $0.34).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 580.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.55 million to -$2.62 million.
- The gross profit margin for PERCEPTRON INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.20%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -20.40% is significantly below that of the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.