With next-generation Dolby Digital Plus, the Kindle Fire HD tablets will:
- Crisp, clear dialogue: Detect the presence of dialogue and works to improve its intelligibility so that the viewer hears the whole story.
- A more realistic, immersive surround sound experience: Enable any movies, television or music content played on the Kindle Fire HD’s stereo speakers or headphones to be heard with more depth, creating a powerful, virtual surround sound experience.
- Volume consistency: Include a unique volume-leveling technology that maintains one consistent volume level when the user switches back and forth between different forms of content, such as movies or web content, as well as between different media players.
- Custom tuning by Dolby engineers: Include features that are specifically designed to optimize audio played through the Kindle Fire HD. These features help to produce natural, balanced sound with more bass and treble. They also eliminate unnecessary noise and minimize distortion.
- Learn more about Dolby Digital Plus.
- See a video of the Dolby Digital Plus experience.
- To access the Dolby Digital Plus press kit, visit dolby.com/news.